Friday, January 10, 2014

A Thanksgiving To Be Thankful For

This was our first year in 7+ years of marriage to actually HOST on Turkey Day.  I feel like it's almost a right of passage as an American woman...so I guess I've finally arrived!
The Table
Since we didn't have any actual family nearby this year, we invited some of our "practically-family" friends to come be Thankful, eat, and play with us. 
Jayson & Courtney (staying w us during an PA internship)
Felicia & Brandon (& Henry & Eleanor), good friends from Boston who are now local
Adrienne & Sterling (& Eleanor, Sterling, Charlotte, Juliet), bffs from down the street
 As we sat around the table talking about Thanksgiving traditions, sports, family, and everything else under the moon, my heart was full and I really FELT all of the many things I have to be thankful for. 
The Group
To allow our stomachs some time to empty before we filled them again with pie, we adjourned from the table to move around a little, play some games, and begin the annual viewing of Scrooge.  
Kids kicking it old school on the N64
The little girls doing what they do best: TV marathons
High Stakes Wits and Wagers around the kitchen table
 By the end of the long, full day we were all tired, but I couldn't shake the happy glow that had settled over me.  And as my head hit the pillow, just seconds before falling asleep, I said for the 25th time that day, "This has been such a GREAT day!" 
And this little peanut just came along for the ride!

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Christa....
Oh dear, I have fallen behind on your Blog!! Well, I shall just have to do something about that!! ;)
You hosted Thanksgiving?! With an infant and two small girls?! Way to go, I am impressed!! Hosting Thanksgiving is a lot of hard work!! I know.... Because we host every single year, sans any little children!! ;-D
Henry. Eleanor. Sterling. Charlotte. Juliet. I love, love, love all of these old=fashioned names!! ;)
That sounded fun!! Happy Thanksgiving!! ;-D
--Raelyn