Full disclosure: Rob worked overtime to get this video done before their birthday....and then it takes me a month to get it up on the blog!
My girls are 2!! Their birthday arrived at the busy end of a very busy July, but we managed to squeeze in a little party with our Ellis grandparents, Auntie Emily, and some friends who were staying with us for the weekend.
Things I don't want to forget about life right now:
- How Lily chases Savannah around saying, "I'm gonna tickle! I'm gonna tickle!" Followed by hysterical laughter and screams.
- How Savannah likes to jut her chin out for emphasis whenever she's pretending to be dramatic
- How Lily is "Nie-Nie" and Savannah is "Sanna"
- How they both RUN to Rob when he comes home from work...screaming and squealing.
- How Lily is constantly singing--twinkle twinkle, happy bird-day, spider (eensie-weensie), abcd's, mountain (I love the mountains), popcorn, temple (I love to see the temple), God (I am a child of God), etc etc. Seriously, she sings ALL OF THE TIME.
- How Savannah loves to pray while we pray, folding her arms, muttering under her breath and finishing with a big "AMEN!"
- How we are loving puzzles, books, sidewalk chalk, the pool, crayons, dancing, smoothies, and apples
- How they LOVE to help me throw things away in the garbage
- How "share" means "give it to me now." And how they think that saying "please" pretty much guarantees them anything they want.
- How they are best friends and great playmates.
Now, just when life has settled into a pretty great routine, we're going to shake things up with a new baby! Does anyone have any good tips or strategies to help toddlers welcome new additions to the family? Any ideas of what I can expect?