Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Trip Home--Thanksgiving 2009

A few weeks late, but we need to put it up for posterity...

After the marathon in Athens, I flew home to Connecticut for some time with my Mom, then Rob joined us for Thanksgiving week.
Sisters: Katie, Jacqueline, Me

We kept our trip home a secret from Erik and Jacqueline so they both got big surprises when I helped pick them up from the airport.
My Dad and Katie

For Thanksgiving, my mom's sister and her family came up from Maryland. We prepared and devoured the customary feast, this year my winners were the exceptional rolls, stuffing, and cherry pie. Of course, we also played some family games including Kubb, Ninja, and Scategories, then and saw a great post-Thanksgiving movie: The Blind Side.
Mom and Me after an emphatic Kubb victory

Other highlights of the trip: Meeting a distant cousin who grew up with my grandpa and came from the same town in Romania and touring the UN in NYC with them; Erik's girlfriend, Megan, chose to join the LDS Church and got baptized the day after Thanksgiving; Laurel, a good friend of our family, also got baptized the next day and we got to help out with a little party at her house after; And in football news--Go Cougars! BYU:26, Utah:23.
Sisters
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the trip!

2 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

I can't believe how much you and your sisters look alike! That is so great. I'm glad you were able to make a trip home. Trips home are the best!

Jacqueline said...

We are a hot family. (I think this is how you post...) I love you both and wish I were with you!