Monday, August 6, 2012

June 2012: Katie is Wifed!

In June we flew our little family of 4 out to CT to celebrate my sister Katie's marriage to her perfect match, Russell.
Presenting Mrs and Mr Hill (could they be smiling any bigger?)
 We're so glad to have Russell in the family and he really is the perfect complement to Katie.  He likes to cook, she likes to eat.  He is pretty easy going, she can be a little bit intense.  :)  He is the last child in his family, she is the first.  He is tall, she is a wee bit vertically challenged.  And they both have been smiling constantly for the last few months. 
Erik is so proud...
It was great to be back in New Canaan and see so many of the great people I grew up with. It was also great to spend time with all of my family that came out for the wedding.  All grandparents, lots of aunts and uncles, and even a few cousins made the trip.  
Obligatory group shot
Erik's girlfriend, Megan, did a GREAT job as the wedding photographer. She managed to be everywhere at once and even squeezed in a mini photo shoot for us.    Looking at these pictures I realize that we are entering the stage in life where we will need to start using bribery (or threats) to get everyone smiling at the same time!
3 smiles, 1 grimace
3 smiles, 1 concerned confusion
2 smiles, 2 something elses...
Megan also took this cute cute cute picture of my mom with the babies during one of the few minutes she had to sit down amidst all of the planning, organizing, hosting, celebrating activities of the weekend. 
It was a busy trip, and we definitely need to figure out some kind of magic concoction to get the kiddos to sleep on an airplane, but we're SO SO SO happy for Katie and Russell and loved being there to celebrate with them. 

4 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

This post made me smile so big! I am so so so happy for your sister Christa! That is awesome! And I LOVE her dress, and hair, and hat, and flowers. She is a stunning bride. And your girls are adorable! I wish I could squeeze them in person--pinching their cheeks over the computer just isn't quite the same!

Suzannah said...

Congrats to your sister! She looks so wonderful and it looks like she had a perfect day. I can't believe how big your girls are getting! I too just want to pinch their cheeks through the computer. Last time I tried to get pictures of both Lydia and Kate smiling I took about 150 pictures. I'm hoping that someday they will respond to my coaxing/bribing:)

Katherine Lewis said...

Awesome news! Congrats to all...I love wedding. Your girls are getting so big and I LOVE THE BOWS in their hair. They are so so cute. And, Lauren and your twins now have a special bond because Lauren has the outfit they're wearing in the last picture with your mom. Planes with one year olds are hard! My sister believes in Melatonin, but we haven't tried it yet. Hope you're having a great summer!

Unknown said...

love her wedding dress! it is so katie!