Monday, October 31, 2011

Month #3 is in the Bag!

The girls are officially 3 months old now!  YAHOOOOO!  I feel like the last 3 months have been the hardest, most overwhelming months of my life, but have been so, so worth it.  The babies are smiling, cooing, kicking, sleeping (some--we're still working on it), and are fat enough that I finally don't feel like I'm going to break them. 

Life has settled into a rhythm and last night before going to bed I realized that this was the first night I didn't feel like the start of a new week was such a totally overwhelmingly monumental challenge that I may or may not survive.  It's a welcome feeling to be sure that even though you'll be exhausted at the end of the day, you will in fact MAKE it to the end of the day.  That is something I won't take for granted again soon... :)

So here are a few (or a lot...) of pictures from the last month for anyone who wants to see the two cutest babies in my world. 
Sweet Mama KK came for a week and was such a great help!
Lily with a game of Settlers of Catan in the background
Babies in their Sunday best
This is what inevitably happens whenever they are within arms reach of each other--and they actually don't seem to mind!
Savannah flirting with the camera

Lily, not sure what she thinks about Dad's big, black camera
A typical Savannah smile, usually accompanied by a lot of cooing and squealing
Sisters, just hanging out on a Sunday afternoon
A typical worried Lily face
And finally, a smile!
I am SO PROUD of us!!  Bring on the next 3 months!  

11 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

Those girls are so beautiful! I wish I could give them some serious love in person! You look amazing as well Christa. I'm glad you guys are getting the hang of things. You're incredible!

The Twiggers said...

What an inspiration! I honestly don't know how anyone manages twins ever, but I bet you are doing the best job ever. So glad everyone is alive (!) and well.

Katherine Lewis said...

You are amazing! I really can't imagine what twins are like. I remember the same anxiety...but I only had one. Those little girls are so darling. Am I crazy or does Lily look like Rob and Savannah look like you and your side of the family? I never thought it was that sad when Lauren got a little older....it just got a little easier, she was a little sturdier, and she is more and more fun everyday. Although, tiny little newborns are heavenly. I just wish that I could get my hands on them.

Becca said...

Congratulations on surviving the most overwhelming three months Mommy! Your girls are beautiful!!

Marcie said...

The first three months are definitely the hardest so I'm glad those are over for you. :) They are so sweet. I'm excited to come see them when we come down to Houston!

Kit Linkous said...

we are SO PROUD of you, too!!! can't wait to see all of you in 2 weeks!!!!

Amanda+Jonathan said...

You are amazing. I miss you, and although I haven't met them yet, I miss your little girlies!

kari said...

Hi Christa and Rob. We are proud of you!!!!!!
We love to look at your pictures!
One day we will come and visit you!
Mamma and pappa.

Unknown said...

HURRAY! YOU DID IT! Jackson is 2 months tomorrow...and we are nowhere near settling in...so hopefully a month from now I will feel more like this.

Matt said...

I am so proud of you too! Christa, you really are doing such a great job! Those two little ladies are so lucky to have you and Rob as their parents. Keep up the great work!
Nat

zannahdoll said...

So glad I got to meet them both. Beautiful pictures and a beautiful family!