Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A majorly Miserables Birthday

Never fear. My birthday was not actually miserable, but it definitely had a Miserables theme.

This year, we decided we'd go see the play Les Miserables in London for my birthday present!

But, before we saw the play, we wanted to read the book (all 1400 pages of it). So we did. And loooved it. For anyone who likes the play, I'd highly recommend reading the book.

Then, before we saw the play, we wanted to get the soundtrack so we'd be familiar with the music. So we did. And looooved it. We got the original London Cast recording and it's great.
Finally, a few days before my birthday, we made the trip into London. We nabbed half-price tickets for the evening show, went to see an awesome museum (more on that later), then headed up to Leicester Square for the main event.
After the show, and all the way home to Cambridge, we couldn't stop singing! It was really, really fun.

Then, on my actual birthday, I woke up to a sneaky Rob bringing me breakfast in bed:
A delicious croissant, a pastry, and an orange "cake"

That evening, we met up with friends for dinner at a great Thai restaurant. After dinner, we went back to Heather's house for delicious frozen yogurt and apple bread.

I'm starting to think birthdays need to happen more than once a year....

2 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration and a yummy birthday breakfast!

Suzannah said...

That is such a great birthday! Happy late birthday!