Monday, April 28, 2008

Seeing Some Sites

I apologize, but I'm still playing ketchup with my blogging. (ok ok, I know it's supposed to be "catch-up," but isn't "ketchup" a little bit more fun?)

Anyway, here are a few pictures from March when my best friend, Alia, came to visit:

Alia's actual reason for coming to Boston was to see our good friend, Catherine, get married. Isn't she beautiful?

This is Alia and me outside of the Boston temple. It was pretty chilly!


The day after the wedding and wedding dinner Rob, Alia and I went to go see Fenway Park, home of the 2007 World Series Champs, the Red Sox, and the oldest currently operating MLB stadium.

Alia and I had a good friend growing up who was a die hard Red Sox fan. He would faithfully watch them lose year after year after year after year. Also, we happened to grow up in middle of Yankee territory and there seemed to be a never-ending supply of Yankee fans who would obnoxiously rub salt in our poor friend's wounds. So, our freshmen year of college when the Red Sox were playing the Yankees in the American League Championship (kind of like the World Series semifinals), Alia and I found ourselves glued to the TV screen night after night after night after night (the series went into 7 games-including multiple overtimes- after the Sox started the series down 3-0 ). To make a long story shorter, the Red Sox won that series and then went on to shut out the St. Louis Cardinals for the World Series Championship.

Anyway, after investing so many hours and so much emotion in the Red Sox, we were pretty excited to take a tour of Fenway.

We managed to get through our tour with just some light, misting rain. The real deluge waited to start until after the tour when we were safely inside UNO's warming up with some fantastic deep dish pizza.

After having so much fun in just a few days, I'm really wishing that Tucson and Boston were a lot closer together! Come back soon, Alia!

2 comments:

Sarah Lenhart said...

Hi guys!
I just found your blog through someone else's and wanted to leave a little note.

Btw, Khale and I recently went to a Sox game. It was so much fun! I've watched countless games played at Fenway on tv but it wasn't until we went there that I realized just how small of a stadium it is...but I think that just makes the games all the more fun.

Have a great Summer and I hope finals go good for Rob!

-Sarah

Janel said...

It'd be great to be able to get out there sometime. When do you guys leave for brazil?