Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Cambridge Favorite: LA Burdick

One of our favorite things to do in Cambridge is to walk into Harvard Square and enjoy the most decadent hot chocolate in existence.

LA Burdick is a little, european-style chocolate/pastry cafe. They specialize in chocolates of all shapes and sizes. The shelves are full of delectable chocolate-covered fruit and nuts, chocolate mice and penguins, and hundreds of gourmet novelty chocolates. Someday when Rob and I want to take out another loan we might actually buy a box...until then we'll stick with the hot chocolate.


I managed to lure my bearded husband away from studying for finals with the promise of a mug of hot chocolate that tastes like they just melted down a bar of pure chocolate, then mixed in a shot of cream. It was a sacrifice, but I'll do my duty in order to keep my husband's brain from exploding. I guess he didn't hate it too much. :)

5 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

Yea pictures and a post! You guys are so cute. And when we make it out to visit you guys you will have to take us there. Or at least me, it may be to mean to make Mark go.

Have a great summer in Brazil! We'll see you in Alaska on the fancy cruise boat!! :)

Megan Holdaway said...

Love seeing new pictures on your blog! I hope you'll update it from way, way down in Brazil!

And the description of this chocolate is almost too much for me to handle. I'm going soon!

Anonymous said...

Now I want some hot chocolate. :) I'll have to try that place out when we get back to Cambridge in the Fall.

Btw, those flowers are so pretty!

Natalie said...

Fun to see you guys! I like the beard Rob. Have a wonderful time in Brazil...how could you not? :) Love you guys!

Simon Family said...

Oh, we miss Cambridge! How is Brazil treating you? We can't wait to see you guys again in the Fall!