Thursday, December 11, 2014

Jacqueline brings the party to H-town!

Whenever anybody in the family hears that Jacqueline is coming to town, somehow it turns into a party!
Cutest baby ever? Probably.
This time Jacqueline was flying in for a few days before helping a friend drive back up to UT.  And Mom & Dad were here house-hunting.  And Grandma Ada/Grandpa Bob were wonderful to make the trip from CA to visit their great-grandbabies.  And Grandma Emma from NV paused her busy cruising schedule to complete the party.
She always has something exciting to say!
I felt so blessed to have so much uninterrupted time with my grandparents.  I don't get to see them very often, and when I do it's usually in the midst of a wedding or a family reunion.  This trip we had about a week of relaxed excursions with plenty of downtime to talk, play in the driveway, and make some great memories.
Jacques had endless bubble-blowing energy.  What a good sport!
I loved hearing stories about my Grandpa Bob's career as a firefighter, my Grandma Ada whipping the PTA into shape, and Grandma Emma's plans for the next phase of her life.  And I really loved watching my kids learn to love their great-grandparents.  Even shy Caroline was won over in the end.
Total concentration
While they were here we went down to Galveston & the beach, to the NASA museum, to the Children's Museum, the park, and a few other places I'm probably not remembering.  It was just the perfect amount of busy.
My beautiful mother
Usually when guests leave I kind of breathe a sigh of relief, but this time I was just sad the party had to end.  Maybe next time Jacqueline will plan a trip to visit another family member and we'll be the ones tagging along!
How YOU doin'? 
 Families are the best.  And THANK YOU, everyone, for coming to see us!
Where was Grandpa Bob and Dad??


A few videos:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is fun to see your family and the girls outside of how we usually see them. Keep going, blogging can take a long time but it can be really rewarding. I installed a PDF button on mine, so I can save all the posts as PDF files and save them on a disk as family history.