Saturday, October 4, 2014

3. How did this happen?

On one hand, I can't believe Savannah and Lily are ONLY three; I can hardly remember life without them! And on the other hand, it feels like last Halloween with my ladybugs & baby flower was just a few months ago; this year has FLOWN.

A few of my favorite funnies from life lately:
  •  Lily mistaking a jar full of cilantro-lime dressing for a green smoothie, taking a small sip, licking her lips, and asking for more "spicy juice." 
  •  Savannah, in the middle of a crowded restaurant bathroom, saying "Hi big poopers! Nice to meetcha!"
  • Savannah: Flashlight=flash-night.  Swimsuit=swim-out. Upstairs=up-y-stairs. Polka-dots=polka-ots.  Lunchbox=munch-box.
  • Lily loves telling secrets.  She puts her mouth right next to your ear and whispers total gibberish.  And is totally convinced what she's said is very important.  
  • Lily giving me a big hug, a smile, and saying, "Mom, you're so beautiful."  
  • Savannah LOVES to play pretend.  But she's never a princess, or fairy, or mermaid.  Instead she's Jake (of Never-land Pirates fame), or a Cowboy ("Yee-haw Ma'am!"), or a Dinosaur ("RAWRRRRRR!!!"), or a Quiet Ninja (karate chopping while whispering, "HiiiiiiYA!"). 
  • Lily is the queen of the dance party.  Whenever there is music, Lily is working her interpretive dance moves. "Y-y-y-you love it, Mom??"  "Yes, Lily. I love it."  :)
I am so grateful to be the mother of these sweet girls.  And I LOVE this stage of life!  At 3 I still get lots and lots of snuggles, I can still make almost any problem better with a kiss and a band-aid, and I get to see their amazing little minds learn and grow and make new connections every day.  It is so fun to see life through the eyes of a three-year old! 

Thanks to my amazing husband, the documentor of our little family, for yet another wonderful birthday video. :)

No comments: