Monday, April 1, 2013

The Rodeo, round 2

March seriously FLEW by here in the Ellis household. And April is set to be even busier. So here is some catch-up!

Last year was my first experience with the Houston Rodeo. And anybody who knows me knows that the most important part of an event like this is...the food. Definitely.

Last year we didn't go in with a very organized plan, not really knowing what to expect, so we used up some valuable tummy space on a few less-than-amazing eats (e.g. a giant turkey leg).
Next year I'll come up with a more flattering corn dog eating pose...
This year I had a plan. We were driving down to meet up with some of Rob's old co-workers and boss, so we weren't going to have too much time to wander. My check-list was 2 items long: a GIANT, most-delicous-corndog-ever; and deep-fried-cookie-dough-that-tastes-like-you-died-and-went-to-heaven. 
My mostly devoured deep-fried cookie dough, and Rob's deep-fried Reeses
 We came, we ate, we conquered. And, as we sat and watched the rodeo munching on some kettle corn for dessert, I was one happy lady.
As a side note: I don't have a picture of the mutton bustin' event, but Rob and I are already thinking about buying a sheep so Savannah and Lily can start training.   Man, I can't WAIT until they're 5! 

No comments: