Monday, April 2, 2012

March Madness; Part 1

We just had one of the most awesomest Marches everr. Seriously.

My dad, my sister, and her special friend Russ, all flew in to see Rob and me the babies and enjoy the beautiful Houston spring weather. 
Babies enjoying Kubb
We played Kubb, did some swimming, and had our own little tournament of pool, ping pong, and darts.  Katie and Russ owned ping pong, Rob and I took the pool crown, and the title of Darts Champion remains highly disputed.  
Savannah's first too-cool-for-school photo
Not our prettiest picture...
Loving it
 While she was here, Katie found out where she'll be spending the next 4-5 years of her life.   She matched at GW's psychiatry residency! 
Getting the news
She's very excited to finally KNOW, and she's also very excited about GW.  Hooray for Katie!
Cute. 
To celebrate Match Day, we drove downtown to experience the Houston Rodeo and Livestock Show.  I, of course, was most excited about all of the cool food to try and had my Must-Eat list all ready.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize how HUGE the place was and didn't budget enough time to find/try everything.  Next year, I'll be better prepared.
Mmmmm...fried EVERYTHING
 We did manage to consume (as a group) a giant turkey leg, a bbq-stuffed baked potato, a humongous corn dog, an awesome cinnamon roll, fried snickers, fried oreo, fried red-velvet cake, and fried cookie dough.  
Babies were bummed they weren't getting in on the action
Best in show: deep fried cookie dough.   It was seriously awesome.  Second runner up: the corn dog, unexpectedly delicious.   Overall winner: my tummy....nom, nom, nom. 
Cookie dough on the right, Snickers on the left
We also didn't budget enough time to actually see any livestock or go on any of the rides.  Again, already planning for next year! 
Mom and Dad sharing the last of the corn dog.   Nice one, Russ. 
 The rodeo itself was pretty fun too.  Highlight there was DEFINITELY the mutton racing.  I don't think the girls will quite be ready next year, but you can never start training too soon! 
We had such a good time with everyone here.  It was really tough to see them go.   BUT....
...there's always next year!!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yum! making me drool.

Linkous said...

how come we never ate any of that when we went as kids?!!! I'm feeling seriously cheated. Wish we could have been there with you!