Saturday, March 3, 2012

Home Again...

We're officially home again!   We were discharged Thursday morning and every day we've been amazed by the progress Savannah is making. 

 Wednesday Night

Thursday Morning

 Thursday Night
Bath time--the cutest time of day!

 Saturday Night
Finally...a REAL Savannah smile
I'm so grateful for how she's recovering physically, but it hasn't been until tonight that we're starting to see the old, happy-go-lucky Savannah come back.  I'm really, really glad.  It's been hard to watch her be so fragile and reserved emotionally--and to feel like I, her mother, let this happen.   And even though I know it's not really my fault, I will be very happy when she's forgotten all about it. 
We are so thankful for how smoothly everything has gone, and despite my impatience for the healing process to be even faster, we feel like Savannah's progress really has been miraculous.  Thank you for your support and thoughts and prayers.  It means a lot to know so many people love our little baby girl.

5 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

Oh this makes me so so happy!! Hooray Savannah you are such a trooper. And Hooray for Mommy and Daddy for also having survived seeing their sweet baby go through all of that!

Katherine Lewis said...

Yeah! You're home...and I am so amazed at these pictures. The daily improvement does seem so miraculous. You are a sweet, sweet mother and I am sure seeing her smile and play with Lily is bringing so much joy right now. What champions you all are! Also..I think her forehead looks amazing and it seems like they look even more similar now. I'm secretly jealous of your twins!

Marcie said...

So glad you're seeing Savannah's normal, happy self come back. That's got to be such a relief. It's a good thing she'll forget about this experience. :) She (and Lily) are so lucky that have you guys as parents!

The Wigginton Family said...

Man Christa...I totally get those simultaneous feelings of gratitude and sadness for what has been done, and there effects on your family. I'm so so so glad that Savannah is feeling better and recovering nicely. That picture of her smiling melted my heart. I love you guys more than you know and we pray for you a million times a day.

Kit Linkous said...

so glad she's doing so well! love that smile!!!! we're so thankful!
love you