Monday, February 20, 2012

6 Months Old!

Savannah and Lily wanted to do a little post for their 6-month update.  I agreed to be the baby-translator and typist...

Here are our latest stats as of the end of January:

Height:  Savannah 24.5" (8%),   Lily 24.25" (5%)
Weight:  Savannah 15lb 7oz (32%),  Lily 13lb 7oz (5.5%)
Noggin:  Savannah 17.25" (82%),  Lily 17.25" (82%)  <---yep, we take after our Mom and Dad!!
Can you believe we used to be the same size as this tiny teddy-bear?
In other news, Mom is officially in love with us.  She can't hold us for 3 seconds without snuggling our necks, kissing our cheeks, and telling us how cute we are.  Even when we act like this...

...she still feeds us, clothes us, and tries to help us be happy again.

So, as a reward for good behavior, we've finally agreed to sleep through the night for her.  We figured it was the least we could do.  (They also MAY have realized that had this whole "no sleeping" thing gone on much longer, they might have lost their dear mother to the loony-bin...)

Since we're so big now, we've learned a few new tricks!  We sit up, roll all over the place, and are thinking about trying to crawl one of these days.  There are so many exciting nooks and crannies to get into in this house...we can't wait to go exploring!  (Yikes!)
We love our Mommy, but we definitely have a special place in our hearts for Dad.  He's just the funniest guy in the world.  All he has to do is look at us sideways and we break out into stitches.  Mom is a little jealous, but Dad has that affect on her too so she doesn't blame us.  (See above outfits)

We both like to try new foods now, too! 
Lily:
 
My favorite foods are....everything.  I'll eat as fast as Mom can get the spoon to my mouth.  But when I'm done, I purse my lips, wrinkle my nose, and sniff repeatedly.  I think it's hilarious.  

Savannah:
 
I also like to eat, but I prefer to DO IT MYSELF.  Yes, this can get messy, but I'm 6 months old now and definitely have an opinion about these things!  I also think it's really fun to pretend to be an owl while Mom's feeding me.  I twist my head and body as far around as I can and see if Mom can still get the spoon to my mouth.  And in case you're wondering, yes, I usually end up with more food ON me than IN me. 

And on Sunday mornings before church we love to hang out on Mom and Dad's huge bed and allow our parents to bask in the sheer cuteness of their children. 
This is the face I make right before I make a sound like tennis shoes squeaking on a basketball court...yes, my mom is now partially deaf...so what?

How did they get so lucky??

4 comments:

Katherine Lewis said...

They are so cute and big! 6 months? Really? I am so happy that they are sleeping better....I still have no idea how you have survived the last 6 months. I wish we didn't live thousands of miles away! They are beautiful and look like such happy little girls. I really wish I could see you in action. Congrats on having sturdy, sleeping, eating, can-sit-up-on-their-own and play with toys 6 month olds--it was life-changing for me once Lauren was 6 months old. Things just got easier (and messier). Enjoy it while you have it!

Kit Linkous said...

Thank you for the pictures!!! You really are lucky parents. And they are lucky girls. Life is good. And it just keeps getting better :)

Mark and Aupreille said...

Oh I loved the pictures and seeing those cutie pies. Both Mark and I were cracking up at the expression on Savannah's face in the eating picture because her expression looks so much like Rob! I just want to give both of them big hugs! I am so glad they are going to start sleeping through the night for you, that certainly helps with the mommy sanity :) love you all lots!

The Wigginton Family said...

They are absolutely, positively, completely and fully perfect. Wow I want to give them some serious snuggles. We've got to get together sometime...soon?