Thursday, November 10, 2016

Welcome Baby Stan!

Stanley Robert Ellis arrived on Tuesday, May 17 at about 2am.  Right on his due date!
In labor
I had never made it to 40 weeks in a pregnancy before, so at 38 weeks when I started having contractions every evening, I was pretty convinced this baby was coming early.  However, as it got closer to my due date, the contractions stopped and I started doubting if he was EVER going to arrive!
The Stanley Fan Club
Monday afternoon I brought the kids to swim team practice and my good friend, Nikki, offered to give my poor swollen feet a foot rub, making sure to press on all of the pressure points known to induce labor.
Ellis, family of 6!!
We went home, had dinner, and as I was getting the kids ready for bed I started having regular, painful contractions.  Rob came home, we finished bedtime, called my sister-in-law to come stay the night with the kids, and headed to the hospital.
Little man
Contractions started around 7pm, we were admitted to the hospital by 10pm when I was about 5cm dilated, at about 12:45am I got the most wonderful epidural in the world, and at 2am little Stanley was born.
Angel baby
We are so thrilled to have him!

No comments: