Friday, January 30, 2015

Road-trip Christmas

Lead-up to Christmas: 

  • Advent calendar ("Is it #25 yet, Mom?")
  • Christopher Popinkins ("He MOVED with his MAGIC!")
  • Christmas Pandora station 
  • Christmas cookies (very 'rustic' this year b/c of two good little helpers)
  • Caroling (Silent Night, Away in a Manger.  Mostly adorable, except one case of severe stage fright & awkwardness)
  • Lots and lots of Amazon boxes ("What did I order this time?? Oh. Yeah.")
Spitzbuben w/ Grandma
Christmas Eve:
  • Drive to Austin 
  • Act out the Nativity
  • Christmas socks (Thanks, Joy!)
Reindeer Feed
Christmas Day:
Scooters!
SO perfect
It is my turn yet?
B/c every girl needs a 72oz Bubba mug
Mini Golf in the back yard
December 26-December 30:
  • Drive to Wichita for cousin Ethan's baptism (Loved the fun hotel room and family time. Didn't love the mean flu bug that reared its ugly head.)
Ahhhhh. Blessed silence. 
  • Drive to Dallas.....except our kids were sick & the Dallas cousins had lice....
  • Skip Dallas, drive straight home to Houston.
Handsome Rob.  Champion Road-Tripper
New Year's Eve: 

  • Rob chaperones a Stake Dance
  • Kids in bed at 7:30pm
  • Christa fast asleep by 9pm.  

Christmas was definitely magical this year.  It was so fun to experience it all through the eyes of two, very enthusiastic 3-year olds.  Being a parent makes life SO FUN!  We are grateful we got to spend it with family--even though our time together much too short (as usual!). 

I am so blessed and so thankful to my Savior.  I'm thankful for the example of His life and I'm thankful for His love and support I feel as I try to do my best each day.  

No comments: