Friday, June 4, 2010

Ode to Maid Marion


Maid Marion, Maid Marion wasn't it just yesterday we met?
And you were the prettiest bike I'd seen in Cambridge yet.

We went looking for you because our feet were so tired
And after one short test-ride you were hired!

You came home with me and were given your title
But I didn't know just how your friendship would be vital.

When I needed to get groceries you were the BEST
Because your basket gave my poor arms a much needed rest.

And when I needed to get home late, late at night
I could ride you so fast I never felt fright.

Every morning I was so thankful you were around
Especially when we knew so many bike thieves abound.

You were loyal, and you were true
And remembering all we've been through
Gets me feeling quite blue
Because today I had to say, "Maid Marion, Adieu!"

sigh....

3 comments:

Linkous said...

cute :) I felt that way saying au revoir to my bike on my mission....well, maybe not--I think I was pretty happy to never ride a bike again :)

Lisa said...

awesome poem!

Unknown said...

wow another talent i never knew you had!