Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Snow of the 2008 Season

I think Cambridge winters have something against people trying to get out of town for Christmas. This time last year we were hit with a huge blizzard the day before our trip to Brazil. And this year, a few days before Christmas....

Luckily, this year we were just driving down to Connecticut for Christmas so we didn't get too stressed about travel when the snow started coming down. In fact, I was especially not stressed because my work was canceled on the first day of the storm so I got a surprise long weekend!

So while the greater Boston area was blanketed under about a foot (ish) of snow and sad people were waiting for hours and hours for the flights to get out of the airport, I stepped out my front door and went snowshoeing.
But....now I'm ready for spring to come. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good work!! Making lemons with lemonade.

Natalie said...

Wow! That is a lot of snow. That looks so fun, but I'm with you, it's only fun for about a day...then bring the sun back!

The Francis' said...

Ha ha... I hear ya, it's been snowin a lot in Provo too. It took us forever to drive down to St. George on our way to California. No fun.

Katie said...

O no! I;m not looking forward to coming back to that snow :(

Mama KK said...

Brrrrr. I remember those snowy Cambridge days. It gives me chills just seeing your pictures!
Love, Mom/KK