Monday, September 1, 2008

So I married a... GOLFER! (who knew??)

After we got back from Brazil, Rob and I drove down to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week vacation with my family before Jacqueline went off to college.

Myrtle Beach has about 150 golf courses within 30 minutes of anywhere in the town, so it's pretty much a golfer's paradise. Rob took a golf class his last semester at BYU (over a year ago) just so he would be able to join my parents during golf vacations like this--and that's gotta be pretty much the definition of true love!

Anyway, when it came time to play we (of course) had no time to warm-up, but Rob totally rose to the challenge and we all had a blast! He's just a natural...I mean, look how good he looks holding that golf club!
And here's me being happy...and very cool...

6 comments:

Kate said...

Bill and I went golfing (in his back yard) while we were in Portland. I have a talent for hitting wild balls, it just comes so naturally.
When does school start for you guys? The fun has to end sometime, right? But if you need one more adventure, Chicago is waiting for you.

Sarah Lenhart said...

I've always wanted to learn how to golf (well, beyond my "amazing" putt putt skills). Khale actually went golfing a couple times this summer with my brother and he turned out to be pretty good...even if they did mostly stick to the driving range. :)

Mark and Aupreille said...

I love your new blog layout! So your birthday present golf club cover is looking pretty pathetic and considering it's taken way longer to make then when I first started your set is getting reduced to 1 and you'll get something much more fun with Rob's birthday package. Once you see the 1 that is finished you'll thank me for not forcing you to have deal with any more of the hideous things.

Unknown said...

yay for my preppy friends. hah, i got your voicemail, thanks for calling! :) I'll call you back when I get a chance... on my 11th our of church stuff this week! Love ya.

TheMarquisMustache said...

Rob... you golf?? I am coming to Boston for 2 weeks for work...my clubs are in New Canaan...hmmmmm...

Mama KK said...

True love makes us do even what we thought was difficult/impossible!